Saturday, September 29, 2007

Egads! An Eagle!

Three boys I worked with for several years in the Young Men's program at my church recently achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. I was asked to participate in their Court of Honor, so I did. One of the mothers hired "Wildlife Images" to come up with a live Bald Eagle to be a part of the program. It was very cool to be so close to a real Eagle, so as soon as the ceremony was over I scurried home to get my son. When we returned, they had already put "Defiance" (the eagle) back in his box, but my son was so cute, the trainer brought him out again. I then took these pictures. (Well, one of them was taken for me, 'cause I was in it.)




Just for the record - I was not shorter than the lady in this picture. I was sitting down, because my son was scared. So stop making fun.

If you are interested in "Wildlife Images," visit thier website: www.wildlifeimages.org They offer free tours of their facilities, and it looks sweet. Unfortunately, I think they are in Grant's Pass - not exactly a day trip for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I love that shot of the eagle! It looks really cool :)Great shot. Did you get the shot up close to him or did you just zoom?