Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cousins

Ahh, family reunions - the chance to get together with a bunch of people you are related to, but with whom you don't always relate. Luckily, I get along great with my family, so this runion was a blast. We spent our nights hoplessly overcrowded in three 'cabins' (bigger than my house) with aunts and uncles and cousins and grandpas and grandmas spilling out all over the place. But it was all in good fun, and I'm glad to say I got some good use of my camera while there. I'm also happy that this will be my last post of a picture of Smith Rock, and thankfully, this time there's people in it!


These are my nieces, Kiana & Kaylene (they're twins) who live in Corvallis and love skateboarding. They are quite good too, especially since they just recently started. They have their first sponsor, and I look forward to finding a sweet T to wear with their new brand. Anyway, I forced them to hike with me all over creation on our trip and only let them pause momentarily to snap a few photos. They were wonderfully patient and I appreciate their ability to feign interest in all the weird science facts I constantly spewed in their direction.



This is a picture of my two kids and their cousin Aaron, one of the newest members of our extended family. Both my kids love babies more than anything (including cookies) and so there wasn't much coaxing needed to get this shot. Of course, I think my daughter is watching TV here, but the other two are interested in what's going on!

Peace for now . . . war later?

3 comments:

britta said...

thanks for the link, chill-boy. i returned the favor. but only out of obligation, not because i like your blog or anything. not 'cause i check it every hour to see if there are new updates. nothing creepy like that.

also, i enjoy your heading. mind sharing the code you used to get a photo in there like that? prettttty niffffty.

(when i said nifffty just then, i spit on you. unintentionally, mostly.)

Anonymous said...

I like the last pic, cute little cousins :D

J-Dog said...

I Love your opening Line! It's so Funny!