Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Smith Rock - The Sequel

Same story as last time, just more pictures.


I like this one for its weird perspective - is the camera looking straight up, or is it looking off of a cliff top at the horizon? You decide.

Here's a shot of where I was. This is on the trail heading down to the main trails. About 2 minutes before this picture was taken, I almost dropped my daughter out of our baby backpack onto some sharp pointy rocks. Luckily for all involved, I caught her by her ankles just moments before her face collided with the ground. But, this is still a nice picture.


Same as above, just different angle and closer. I like the river in this shot.

This picture makes me dizzy - these cliffs were towering over us at incredible heights, and this shot really captures the vertigo staring up at them all afternoon started to give me.

If I were Uncle Rico, I could throw a football right through these goalposts. But I'm not.

I do have more pictures of Smith Rock, but I'm tired of just cliffs and sky. I'll try to add more variety next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clint. I'm not sure even Uncle Rico could throw that far. Anyway, if I remember right, if you go to "Customize" and then "Add a page element", I think that's how I added links. I'm no computer blogging genius, so it couldn't have been that hard. But then again here I am trying to remember how I did it and I can't even tell you that for sure!

DMo said...

I've heard about Smith Rock and the mountain climbing you can do there, but always imagined it was a little mound or quarry type thing. But this reminds me of a cross between Zion's National Park in southern Utah and Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It must have been super hot while you were there; it was hot here and that never happens! The textury red rocks and the solid blue sky with wisps of feathery clouds look pretty cool in all of the pictures. The sun and shadow contrasts really bring out the texture of the rock--just looking at it tempts you to climb up those cliffs--and I'm not a mountain climber. I also like the river cutting through it all. We'll have to check it out sometime.

Good catch on the heart-stopping baby backpack event. Things like that happen so fast. Those backpacks seem top-heavy.

I like the dizzy cliff picture. And the perspective picture. I love perspective illusions or twists.

Anonymous said...

I like that 3rd to last pic. It's pretty looking :)

J-Dog said...

I thought the River was Nice, Too.