Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Life's Ladies

I am blessed to be married to one of the world's greatest women. She is kind, loving, laid back, and driven to succeed, and all the while puts up with me and all of my strange (read: idiotic) eccentricities. And besides all of those great qualities, she is beautiful beyond compare. Luckily for me, we had a daughter who shares many of her traits, most especially, her beauty. We'll see how my daughter deals with me when I start spouting random facts to her friends on road trips - will she quietly ignore me and get on with her life, or will she melt in embarrassment and hope for a car wreck? Only time will tell.
But anyway, here are some pictures I took of my wife and daughter at Enchanted Forest, a mini-Disneylandesqe type of amusement park outside of Salem, Oregon.


It's a Super-Fun-Happy-Slide! Yay! Both of them are out of focus - darn low lighting! - but I like my wife's expression. I think she may be having more fun than my daughter.



Tickling is very fun for all parties involved. If you look carefully, you can see the stamp on my wife's hand, ensuring an easy re-entry later on in the day. No ticket stubs for us, boy! This is high class livin' at its finest.



The natural world is wonderful. And here, I am using the word to mean "full of wonder" as opposed to "great." I feel like Lemony Snickett right now. I am such a dork.

PS: I just finished Harry Potter 7 yesterday at 7:15 pm. I started reading it at 11:45 am the same day. Without counting bathroom breaks and short pauses for snacks, this means I read the 759 page book at a rate of 108 pages per hour. I put this here to show two things - 1) That book was frickin' awesome and exciting - by far the most action packed of the series - two thumbs up! And 2) That's how fast I can read, Rob.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I dare admit how nerdy Richard really is? We were at a family reunion in Lincoln City and he and little bro Tucker went AT MIDNIGHT to buy the book at FULL price...and he too was done the same day, although he had a few interruptions being there were 16 of us all in one beach house and those silly reunion activities so inconveniently in the way. (Golfing, swimming, visiting with long lost relatives etc.) I'm surprised he hasn't called you yet. He's very frustrated that the people at his work haven't finished it yet...he has no one to talk to about it, as I have not even read the 1st H.P. book...

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement, the book was totally awesome!! It answered all of the questions posed in the other books and really tied everything together. Too bad for Fred that he was expendable but the outcome was pretty good considering.

DMo said...

When we lived in Salem we only went to Enchanted Forest once. It was pretty fun, actually...its bigger than it looks from the freeway.

I love seeing picture of genuine happiness. Posing smiles are good, but true happiness smiles are unduplicable--and contageous.

As far as reading Harry Potter...the librarian saved the Book on CD for us and I'll start listening to it soon.

Bri-onic Man said...

Clint-
just thought I'd let you know my new blog is up and contains actual content. Mmmmmm . . . content.
It's: brionicman.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharin' photos of your lovely, genuinely happy people.
later
BRIAN

Bri-onic Man said...

Clint, I want a counter on my blog. Where'd you get it?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Clint,
Do you know that you refer to the daughter you HAD? As in you don't have her anymore?! I felt afraid and there was a churn in my stomach! Please tell me you still have her! :)
jenni

Anonymous said...

I like the little message you left for Rob ;)

Bri-onic Man said...

I am now a counting machine! I even found one that looks like an odometer. Mmmmm, boy. Thanks, Clint!

Anonymous said...

Clint, I don't think I know anybody else who reads as fast as you do. If there's a trophy for the world's fastest reader, I think you should have it. Seriously, I am impressed you can read that fast. I'd guess my average is below 3 pages/minute.

J-Dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J-Dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J-Dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.