Monday, June 25, 2007

Kids!




Okay, so who isn't proud of their kids and likes to show them off? With that in mind, I have never been able to get great pictures of my kids when they are standing there smiling at me. So I just threw a few toys on the floor and started snapping away when they weren't really paying attention. I think it worked pretty well. I then did a little photo editing on the computer and aged the pix with a sepia filter. I like the effect much more than color shots for some reason. I just find it more dynamic.

The third picture was just me having fun with depth of field. I cut out the weird piece of equipment, saved it as a separate layer, and blurred the background. It worked pretty well, but I need to learn how to cut out layers more efficiently/effectively - this looks pretty sloppy to me, but it was a fun first attempt.

Peace - and thanks to the three people who commented.

No comments: