Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Camera!




It's amazing what a new camera can do for one's creativity. I was trying to figure out some of my new Olympus Evolt camera's options around my house when I snapped these three pictures. The one of the moon required several attempts with different f-stops, shutter speeds and ISO ratings to get one to come out well. I am impressed with the detail a normal retail camera can get!

The other two were just taken in my backyard - the leaf is an old cherry leaf that fell onto my wife's potato plants. I saw the shot as she was telling me about the garden and it's luscious bounty. I think she thought I was a little nuts when I ran back into the house for the camera, but the end result was worth the weird looks.

My final posted picture is of a rotting stump in my backyard. I hate that stump, by the way. On the whole, it's ugly and in my way. But looking through the lens released some amazing architecture from the decomposers of the insect world.


And now I'm tired and I want to go watch a movie with my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you weren't nerdy enough! You actually took some good photos. When I got your email I was expecting to find some crappy digital pics but to my suprise the pictures were quite nice.
Nice to hear from you!! Hope all is well up your way. Life is too busy to even comment about. Oh yeah and if you hadn't heard we are expecting number three in January. Deb has been fantastically ill and life is great.