Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Daughter

Why is my daughter so darn cute? I like the differences between these two shots.

In this one, there is high contrast and the picture is crystal clear. She's obviously concentrating very hard on something. (For the record, it's plastic play food)

Here, it's blurry and strange. She almost has a grown-up, world weary expression about life. But really she's just watching Spongebob.
It's weird. I see her every day, but I don't notice her many different moods until they are frozen and put on the screen. But she's dang cute.
I should take more pictures of my son, but he's tough - he loves to pose and make weird faces. I'll show those off soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pictures of kids/people in Black and White or Sepia give a classic or a sophisticated look (for lack of a better way to put it)...especially when they don't look right at the camera. I really like intimate close-ups of people's faces--it adds depth and make a much more interesting picture. The typical people photo seems to be a tiny head in the middle of the picture with seemingly infinite sky above and half the body below--and you can't see much detail or character. I like to be able to see the details...I really like the light contrast and the closeness of the top picture.

I really like the pictures in your previous post. I'm impressed with the quality of the moon shot--you can even see some of the craters. Mine always turn-out like a blurry lightbulb surrounded by darkness.

I really like the colors in the leaf pictures. I like how its the single red leaf surrounded by a field of green, textured leaves.

I also like the texture of the stump picture.

Thanks.